Game Designers at ARVORE are responsible for conceptualizing and iterating the game's mechanics and systems, working with a multidisciplinary team to ensure the final product promotes the envisioned emotional experience to the player.
Main Cross-Functional Activities:
- Understanding clearly the product's vision with the stakeholders to find the best solutions based on it.
- Designing and iterating the game's core, features, and content, from prototype to final product.
- Driving the game's vision which includes concept, rules, gameplay, and functionality from a player-centric approach.
- Creating and iterating levels and mechanics, preferably working in-engine.
- Creating technical design documentation.
- Proposing adjustments to game specifications, taking note of technical constraints, and considering game design changes based on feedback from user testing.
- Communicate possible problems and risks to ensure production deadline is met and the product vision is respected.
- Take part in the company's rituals for exchanging and building internal knowledge based on all game designers' experience, as well as cross-project collaboration.
- Have one-on-one meetings with your manager to understand your development gaps, and be willing to bridge them on each performance assessment.
- Looking for expanding your repertoire of gaming and VR experiences to inspire all the company.
- 5 or more years of professional experience as a game designer, having worked in several complete development cycles, with at least one successful shipped game.
- Player-centered approach to game design.
- Experience at prototyping in quick iterations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence and an innate intuition for task prioritization.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to the team's necessities and incorporate them into the design.
- Always giving and receiving constructive and creative feedback.
- Awareness of technological trends and interest in interactive media.
- The ability to respond to change and adapt, knowing when it's time to stick to an idea and when it's time to put it to the side.
- Constantly looking for self-improvement, learning new skills and sharing knowledge.
- Openness to learn new tools and skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and their sources to find new and better solutions.
- Experience with Unity 3D.
- Advanced English.
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of UI/UX principles.
- Interest in understanding other game development disciplines and their tools.
- A passion for games, movies, TV, art, animation, electronics, RPGs, theater and narrative experiences would be a great plus.
- Apply for the position.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interviewing process
- Final candidates will meet the team and go through final interviews
- Decisions will be e-mailed right after