Reporting to the Head of Studio, the Head of Technology will set the standard for technical work within the studio and take responsibility for inspiring, leading and developing the skill set of the engineering team to suit artistic, game design, and business goals, overcome technical challenges, and keep us on the forefront of innovation. Possessing a robust knowledge of various game and immersive technologies, the successful candidate will also be responsible for selecting and promoting appropriate technologies for use within the studio.The Head of Technology is also responsible for finding and creating technical and technological solutions that increase our productivity and output through tools and automation.
Main Cross-Functional Activities:
- Responsible for maintaining the strategic focus of the project and is in charge of turning a concept into reality to develop innovative products.
- Select and make decisions in the hiring process of Hiring IT specialists, data scientists, engineers and game, graphic and pipeline developers. The head of Technology also shall know how to ‘home-grow’, procure or outsource talent.
- Prepare, plan, manage and own the Technology and ITdepartment budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Lead the Game Development department as well as the Tools, DevOps and Infrastructure teams, approve new candidates in a project, inspire them and encourage them to study new technologies and implement new approaches
- Propose and guide the implementation of solutions for difficult technical challenges across our projects.
- Keep us up to date and empowered with upcoming new technology, devising strategies of what new technologies and platforms to approach and adopt.
- Identify technical risks on projects and develop contingency plans to put into place with the team. Determine what technology is best suited for each project; understand the engine, middleware and their constraints. Inform and help plan project budgets and timelines together with Producers, POs, Project Managers.
- Define the corporate tech strategy and the development vector
- Manage people and career development for engineering leads, ensuring there is craft leadership for the wider engineering team;
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Identify process improvements and potential tool or technology implementation to gain efficiencies, increase productivity, lower costs or increase quality across multiple teams;
Tools, Development Operations, Security and Infrastructure:
- Plan and direct the tech side of our products from scratch including features, server interactions, scripts, deployment stage maps, and SSHs.
- Establish information security procedures at the company. Everyone must work according to security rules set by the Head of Technology.
- Develop and launch operating process automation solutions (for example: automated testing, bug fixing, task execution, tech support).
- Ensure that each game is being built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews, keeping in mind long term quality and future code sharing between projects.
- Facilitate and encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and code between projects.
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Experience in both operational management and software development areas. Great leadership, inspiration and mentorship skills. High charisma, enthusiasm, empathy and sense of commitment.
- Advanced Tech Skills: Digital Product/Games architecture building, tools development, automation, MVPs, PoCs, tech systems administration, DevOps skills.
- Constant self-education
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Fluent English, spoken and written;
- Strong self-management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience in Machine Learning frameworks
- Experience in Extended Reality Products and Games Development
- Advanced Knowledge in Game Engines, Graphics Development, Computer Vision, and automation solutions
- A strong passion for games, movies, storytelling, virtual reality, and new technologies is a plus.